Privacy & Security Policy
The Wedding Opera Privacy and Security Policy
Information Collected on Our Website
Our primary goal in requesting personal or corporate identifiable information from you is to provide you, the user or member, with the information or news you request. This may include personalization services, interactive communications and other types of services.
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up as a Wedding Opera Member or user, we ask you for personal or corporate information. We may combine the information you submit under your membership or user account with information from other Wedding Opera services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log information – When you access Wedding Opera services via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to Wedding Opera, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send or receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
What we do with the information we gather
The information collected may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis by Wedding Opera, and would be only for the purpose of understanding and serving the users of our website better.
We use your information to understand your needs and provide you with better service. Uses of your information include, but are not limited to, the following purposes:
- Internal record keeping;
- To improve our products and services;
- To periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- To contact you for market research purposes (we may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail); and
- To customize the website according to your interests.
Will Wedding Opera Share Any Of The Information It Receives
Wedding Opera only shares personal or corporate information with other companies or individuals outside of Wedding Opera in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal or corporate information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Wedding Opera, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Content of Our Web Site
Although we strive to ensure that all information submitted to or posted on our website is accurate and complete, we cannot guarantee its integrity. Any discrepancies between the information submitted to or posted on our website and the original paper versions, the paper originals are the authoritative ones.
We have physical and electronic policies and procedures in place to protect the information we collect online. However, no matter how effective these measures are, no system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor that the information you supply to us, will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet.
Accessing and updating personal and corporate information
When you use Wedding Opera services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal or corporate information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems. Please review the service Help Centers for more information.
Your Privacy Rights
At anytime you can choose not to continue to receive information you requested previously. Simply follow the instructions provided or reply to the message stating [“remove” or “unsubscribe”] in the subject line. Your information will be put in our Do Not Contact Suppress file to ensure that your request is honored to not receive information in the future.
Questions or Concerns
For more information or answers to questions relating to this policy please contact the Privacy Officer by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org