Durham Region’s finest wedding venue Deer Creek Golf Club hosted their epic Wondrous Wedding Show last weekend and we had the pleasure once again of sponsoring this spectacular show!
Bringing together Durham and Toronto’s most experienced and talented wedding vendors we had a lovely afternoon meeting newly engaged brides and grooms who came by to enjoy a fantastic afternoon of tastings and inspiration!
Many Wedding Opera members showcased their talents and it was wonderful catching up in person and to see their talents on display!
Bridal shows are a great way to spend an afternoon and meet local vendors who can make your wedding spectacular.
Here’s our advice on how to make the most of attending a wedding show!
- Come prepared! Besides wearing comfortable shoes and bringing your besties – if you are looking to hire vendors for your wedding day research them online before attending the show. Take a look at the show’s website and educate yourself on who will be there. Make a list of your favorite vendors and make it a point to meet them at the show. Sometimes shows get so busy that vendors have a difficult time talking to everyone that comes by. Be patient, introduce yourself, and don’t miss the opportunity to talk one-on-one!
- First impressions really are everything! Most people take about 5 seconds to form an opinion of each other. Take a few more seconds to assess the vendors personality, creative display and confidence. Does the vendor want to hear what you are looking for? This is important. An experienced vendor will offer their expertise but should also want to explore what you are inspired by and how they can create it for you.
- Often vendors will have an incentive or giveaway. In order to follow up with you after the show or enter your name in a contest, they will ask for your name and email address. Give vendors your best email if you are interested in hearing from them. Remember you must give them permission to add you to an email list, if they do without your permission or you are no longer interested in their message you can unsubscribe at any time. Not everyone spams. Vendors want you to have a great experience and email is a great way to build a relationship with you.
- Collect postcards from vendors and write down notes on the cards if you want to recall that vendor when you get home. You will be surprised how quickly you will forget who you met and whose card was your favorite and most impactful potential vendor.
- Have fun, ask lots of questions and don’t be afraid to reach out to set up a consultation! The wedding industry is filled with creative and hard working people and they want to serve you! Take your time making a decision but don’t wait too long to book your favorite vendor as many weekend wedding dates fill up very quickly!
Did you attend the Deer Creek wedding show last weekend? What is your favorite thing when attending a wedding show?
We would love to hear from you in the comments below!
If you missed it, check out all the talent that we’re showcasing below!